here for a downloadable version of our standard
Terms and conditions
- A deposit of 50% on the Basic safari rate is required to confirm bookings. The balance is payable 70 days prior to commencement of the Safari.
- Any cancellation of a reservation must be in writing and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the Company. Cancellation charges shall apply in the following circumstances:
- Cancellation 6 months prior to Safari starting date, the full deposit is refunded less a 30% administration fee per hunting client on the total daily rate plus the Professional Hunters’ fee.
- If a safari is cancelled within 6 months of commencement, the full deposit will be forfeit. If you totally cancel after the final balance has been paid, the basic safari rate is forfeit in full.
- If you are a "no show", the Company shall be entitled to treat your reservation as cancelled without having given the Company any notice, and the provisions of the above shall apply.
- Any request to vary your reservation, or postpone your Safari, must be in writing and the Company's agreement thereto shall be at its sole discretion. If the Company agrees to vary or postpone your reservation as requested, it reserves the right to charge an administration fee plus the salary for the Professional Hunter / Guide. The balance of the deposit will be put forward to the new dates. The Company also reserves the right to charge any escalation in costs which may have occurred in the interim, to the rescheduled Safari. The difference due on the full deposit will then be billed and subject to immediate settlement. Failure to do so will be seen as a breech of the agreement. A second request for a postponement will be treated as a full cancellation.
- If you request a postponement of your trip, after the final balance has been paid or due (within 70 days ahead of starting date) and in the event that the Company does not agree to the postponement, the whole Basic safari rate is forfeit. If the Company, at its sole discretion, does agree to a postponement, the deposit (50% of the Basic safari rate) will be forfeit plus the licence/trophy fees for any species specifically reserved for that Safari at the clients request, if the Safari cannot be re-sold. The rescheduled safari will be charged at the full rate plus any escalation in fees which may have occurred subsequent to the original contract.
- No refunds are given in the following circumstances;
- for lost travel time or substitution of facilities;
- for itineraries amended after departure;
- for circumstances arising beyond the Company's control, necessitating alternative arrangements be made to ensure the safety and/or further participation and enjoyment of your Safari;
- If you do not appear for any accommodations, service, sightseeing or trip segment without notifying the Company;
- If you leave your Safari after it has begun, miss any scheduled sightseeing, activities or accommodations.
- Deposits that are paid over to other outfitters, by Hunters & Guides, on behalf of their client, will be subject to the terms and conditions of that company.
- All charges are subject to change without notice. Safaris are exposed to local currency exchange rate risk due to fluctuation in the value of the US Dollar. This in mind, Hunters & Guides reserves the right to adjust prices to reflect these fluctuations in the event that it becomes necessary to do so.
- Trophy Fees are applicable only to animals actually bagged or wounded and lost.
- All licence fees and the balance of the daily rate to be paid prior to the commencement of the safari.
- All payments must be made in cash, traveller’s cheques, or electronic bank transfer. Personal cheques will not be accepted without prior arrangements.
- Clients should ensure that they are covered for their safari by a trip travel protection plan, available through S.C.I. on www.huntandtravel.com, as well as for all rifles, clothing and equipment. We would also recommend that your trophies are covered by insurance through your shipping agent, prior to shipping – please check with the responsible agent. The company cannot be held responsible for losses incurred.